Serving Clients in Davidson County and throughout Middle Tennessee
According to data from the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security, 1,315 people died on Tennessee roads in 2022. The Tennessee Traffic Crash Data shows that 44,189 folks were injured in vehicle accidents in the year between 2018-2022 in Davidson County alone. The Tennessee Highway Safety Office, formerly the Formerly the Governor’s Highway Safety Office, has already recorded Many of these accidents occur on major highways and intersections, including Trinity Lane, near where our office is located. These figures are shocking and sad. This leads to the need for many individuals to find a trusted Nashville car accident lawyer. They represent a major number of people in Tennessee who have been seriously injured by auto accidents and, in lots of cases, the accidents occurred because careless drivers chose to drive dangerously, distracted, or even worse—drunk!
Obviously, after you’ve been involved in a major wreck, you must make the important decision about whether to get legal help. If you’re not sure of your rights, or if you’re feeling completely confused and overwhelmed, contact our Nashville car accident attorney as soon as you can. At Jeff Roberts & Associates, PLLC, our aim is to ensure that injured people are well cared for and that all of their harms and losses are justly paid for.
Contact us online or by phone at (615) 425-4400 to learn more about how we can help you with your car accident case.
What to Do if You Are Injured in a Vehicle Accident in Tennessee and Need a Nashville Car Accident Lawyer
Let’s face it: no one is ever totally prepared for an accident. Thousands of people have already been injured on Tennessee roads. If you have the misfortune to be one of these people, you already know how traumatic and confusing it can be—right from that first moment of impact through the medical treatment needed for your injuries and recovery. Uncertainty sets in; you must navigate costly medical care, pay unwanted medical bills, and, at the same time, make decisions that will affect your future. Of course, you want to make the right decisions.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, here are easy steps you can take:
- Don’t accept immediate blame or apologize for the collision at the scene: If you’ve been involved in a vehicle accident that left you injured, you’ll be quite shaken up. Lots of people tend to immediately apologize after a collision and say, “I’m sorry ,” implying the fault of the collision is theirs even though that statement may not be accurate. The problem is anything you say immediately following an accident may be interpreted wrong and then later used against you to deny your claim
- Seek immediate medical attention: Receiving treatment from an emergency room or seeing your personal doctor immediately after the collision is the very best way to start the road to recovery. In addition to receiving treatment for your injuries, seeking medical help does the following: it documents the time, date, and place of the accident. The medical records will also document the specific body parts that were injured and offer proof of how serious your injuries are. When seeking medical treatment, tell the doctors about all of your injuries, from “head to toe.” Failure to do so can lead to major problems. For instance, if you go to the emergency room because you have suffered severe trauma to your leg but you fail to mention the pain in your shoulder, you can be assured the claim for your shoulder injury will later be denied.
- Don’t give a recorded statement and don’t agree to anything unless it is on your terms: You may be surprised at how quickly liability insurance companies will get involved with your claim. We have seen cases where a claims adjuster arrived on the scene, asking the injured person to give a statement about the collision and accept a settlement offer without any full understanding of the nature and extent of the injuries or without asking the injured person to sign their name on forms. If the adjuster does not come to the scene, he or she will usually call you on the telephone within 48 hours and ask you to give a recorded statement and then mail some forms to you for your signature. Unless you are absolutely sure all of your rights are protected and/or you’ve spoken to your own attorney, you should not give a statement, sign any document, or accept a settlement offer.
- Don’t live out loud: After an injury accident, there is the natural tendency to seek comfort from friends and family. Social media is everywhere and it is easily accessible. However, we strongly recommend that you DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK (or other social media platforms) about the wreck. You should not describe how the collision occurred or any statements that were made, and we advise our clients that they should not post anything about their injuries, including photographs. These statements will be found and every effort will be made to use it against you. Here is an example: in a recent trial Attorney Jeff Roberts was involved with, the insurance company’s lawyer pulled up our client’s Facebook account on his telephone during the trial and cross-examined her about her posts before and after her wreck. WARNING: Social media posts are statements that can and will be used against you.
- Keep accurate records of the incident: A lot of important information exists after a car wreck. It’s quite likely you won’t be able to recall small details later. The more information you document now, the more prepared you’ll be later. Get the names and telephone numbers of witnesses. Have someone take many photographs of all the cars that were involved in the crash. Photographs or video of the accident scene are very important. You need to make sure you get a copy of the police report from the accident. You also need to write down all the names and locations of any doctors that you see. Keep an accurate and up-to-date journal detailing your recovery. These details will be extremely valuable when it comes to seeking maximum value for your case. Our office often employs a private investigator to assist with gathering this information.
- Contact a highly experienced personal injury attorney: It’s almost impossible for you to handle your claim on your own. Your concern should be on your mental and physical recovery from your injuries. Ultimately you want to heal, pay all of the medical bills to a $0.00 balance, and receive the financial settlement you rightly deserve. An experienced and dedicated Nashville car accident lawyer has the knowledge, skill, and expertise to fight for you and your family. An attorney can explain your rights, help you investigate the facts surrounding the accident, and determine the best way to protect you within the legal system. The first consultation is FREE. Why wait?
Why You Should Hire Experienced Auto Accident Lawyers for a Major Accident
People injured in serious car accidents are often faced with many challenges. The extent of their injuries can prevent them from taking proper care of their family, attending their job, or being able to engage fully in everyday life. Then, there’s the expense of medical treatment. In some cases, these costs completely drain a family’s savings and, all too often, injured folks are unable to go back to work or to fully recover from the accident. This can seem highly unfair, but it’s up to you to protect yourself and your family. Making the right decisions to protect yourself and your family’s future will take some effort and commitment on your part but, more importantly, you need to make yourself aware of your legal rights.
The law is there to protect you and it is your right. It provides you the legal avenue to recover financial compensation for your injuries, whether the other driver involved in the accident was reckless, careless, or negligent. Depending on your particular circumstances, this compensation might include lost wages, money to pay medical bills, and compensation for pain and suffering, at the least. Take it from someone who was once a claims adjuster: insurance companies very rarely settle a case for the full amount of an injured person’s claim—well, not without putting up a tremendous fight! At Jeff Roberts & Associates you will find a friendly and caring law office that is committed to helping you through this difficult time.
Call us now at (615) 425-4400 to discuss your case with our Nashville car accident attorneys. We serve clients throughout the area, including in Gallatin and nearby.